Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Memories of blacklight bulbs, bats, and poseable Skeletons made of paper.

Found on Flickr; Image by: Hey Paul
My Halloweens of memory, they consisted of white sheets over furniture, and bare black light bulbs, of carved pumpkins and paper decorations.


Found on Flickr; Image by: Whimsy Studios
Paper bats fluttered about the house, paper spiders crawled down the hall, there was a ghost made of starched cheese cloth, and a lilliputian grave yard, complete with tiny bats, small flying witch and a grim reaper lined the windows;


Found on Flicker; Image by: Riptheskull

 But the most vivid memory of all was the paper skeleton, an creation of western origin, with rotting skin falling off old bones. My mother put one of my Halloween shirts on him, to hide his gruesome insect infested torso.
The images forever defined my holiday.
I hate how its been commercialized. You cant buy memories as vivid as that.

No comments: