Friday, September 03, 2010

Witch Jars and a Still Life Session...


... All to prove I'm not ignoring my Halloween Blog.
School started this week, and I've been getting in my Halloweenie fix by going to the forum and various sites and neglecting my own and the fun that it brings along with its upkeep.
I decided on the fly that I needed to do a still life, for fun, of the Witch Jars, a couple of my lanterns I keep out year round, and the pine needles and cones on my porch...
I took a crap load of time to set it up, shoot it, and generally mess around on my porch at 2-3 in the morning.. My neighbors are going to wonder about me I think... Then again, what else is new? Also I re-discovered the awesomeness of my porch, I forget that this is the time of year where sitting out there is bearable.
I also came up with some brilliant ideas for my paper luminaries, so I'll see if it works in the next day or so.. and I figured out that I want to do more creative paper silhouettes in my windows... that will be fun.
Anyway, here is the fruit of my photo session.

Image By Strublay



Image By Strublay


Image By Strublay
As I said previously, I took watercolor paints and mixed it with Elmer's white glue to get a translucent effect, to give the grime character I guess. 

Image By Strublay
On my first one not only did I use the colored glue technique, but I also pulverized a bit of black pastel and dusted it on to the glue before it dried, and used a sooty flame to blacken them up a bit. 

Image By Strublay
Green came out cool.

Image By Strublay
The Green and Brown ones hanging from wire hangers and hemp chord.


Image By Strublay
The amber one sitting among my pumpkin candle, pine needles and a pine cone. 


Image By Strublay
The blue one is cool because I left a majority of it clear, I just frosted it with Elmer's and then dribbled the darkly colored blue glue on it... turned out great. 

Image By Strublay



Image By Strublay

Now all, its 4 am, Vegas time, and I need to go get some rest... G'Night. 

2 comments:

cynniegurl said...

i passed a blogger award to you. you can find it on my site:)
cynnie
http://neversleepsagain.blogspot.com/

Hopsy the beer drinking clown said...

I really like how your jars turned out, the colored glue is a wonderful technique! I am going to try that on my next batch of witch jars...