Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trick 'r Treat, WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS SOONER?!??!???!


Finally saw it!
What a work of brilliance, I want to live in THAT town. Beautiful.
Honestly, the houses down the street and the festival, and the music, and the intricate stories... 
It just blends together in this confection of a Halloween movie that embodies the fear, humor, and.... I can't put this any other way... texture of Halloween perfectly. 
 I really really really love the character of Rhonda and every one of her Jack O Lanterns. I suppose I identify, especially with the obsessive element of Halloween. I respect a character like her, the kids called her an idiot savant, but those were kids and kids can be very very cruel. I'm always one too pull for misunderstood, socially inept misfits like her:


Those little pricks who played the trick on her COMPLETELY DESERVED it.

Sam is the best mascot for Halloween ever. 
A child, thats not a child, goes around ToT'ing, and enforcing the rules of Halloween, violently. 
Instills fear, laughs like a kid.
He honestly is cute at some points in the film, terrifying at other points.
Kills with candy, and will stop hurting you if you give him chocolate.
PERFECT.
Just the thought of that character makes me grin.
I love this movie.

1 comment:

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

Ah, so you've discovered the awesomeness that IS Trick 'r Treat! I personally say it's one of my all time favorite movies. One of these days I'll have to build a Sam prop...